Please sponsor us - We're dreaming big for Make-a-Wish New Zealand

Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Muscles Hate Me!

My muscles hate me!

They were slightly disgruntled after the Tri-Swim training on Friday

They were definitely p****d off after the 10k run/walk to the beach and back Saturday (some walking because of achilles injury).

But today the 33k bike ride with some hill training and time trials (thanks to our lovely triathlon coach Lynley) just about finished them off and now they are completely uncooperative!  It's a struggle to even get up off the sofa.

Mind you, it didn't help that I was having a bad bike day.  My saddle was loose, so it sank down to the bottom setting and I had to cycle the first 13km with my knees up to my chest.  Then my gears failed, so on the hills I had to stand up and peddle to get up the hills, so my times were useless.

It was lovely to spend time with Lea and Denise during training though.  The training much more bearable when you are having a laugh with friends.  I'm so lucky :-)

I will have a rethink about my training program as it currently doesn't allow any rest days.  Not sure I can keep that up for 12 weeks.

No comments: