Please sponsor us - We're dreaming big for Make-a-Wish New Zealand

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Feeling rather productive

Between yesterday and today I've been really productive.  Yesterday I wanted to try out my new watch which I got that acts as a bike computer (considering I lost my last bike computer) and this one also comes with a heart rate monitor.  Wasn't really the reason I got it, but rather interesting to see my heart rate and that yes, I am indeed working my butt off on some of these hills (oh no wait...the butt is still very much there...).

So yesterday morning I went for a 10km bike ride and averaged 24km/h.  I'd really like to be faster, but I suppose it was a hilly ride so it is okay.  Next week I need to look at doing flatter and longer rides so I can work towards longer distances.

Last night we also had our swim lesson.  It was hard work, but easier than it was when we first started (if that makes sense).  Val, our instructor, always works us hard, but she is very good.  Usually it is just Rose and I, but last night Denise and Paul (one of my friends) joined us for the session.  It felt good doing our lesson again.

This morning I joined Rose for a run and we decided to run for 5km.  She wanted to do a 10km distance or do something for 90minutes.  So I cycled to her house, we ran our 5km, then walked with some running in between.  So all in all we did a 10k distance and of that we probably ran a total of 6.5km or 7km.  On top of that I did a total of about 6km cycle (to Rose's house and back) so I was really productive today. 

Next week my aim is (weather permitting) to do significantly more cycling and work on going longer distances and then once a week look at doing my shorter hilly ride. 

No comments: