Please sponsor us - We're dreaming big for Make-a-Wish New Zealand

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Enthusiastic or Obsessive?

One thing that I am finding with my training program is that it certainly doesn't get boring.

I always seem to be at one extreme or the other.  Either raring to go or sore, achy and wanting to go back to bed!

This week however, the enthusiasm is bordering on obsessiveness.  Despite being aware of the dangers of over training, I am struggling to take a rest day.

I had a rest day scheduled for last Monday, but the kids got new scooters and I ran to the school and back with them twice = 5k .  Each day, I promise myself I will take a rest, but I am loving the buzz that the exercise brings and because my body is more used to this level of exercise now, I find it easier to ignore the niggley aches and pains.

Also, I think I am worried that if I take a break, I will never get to the stage where I can run a half marathon.

So today I am promising myself that I will take that rest day and just run a bit faster/further tomorrow.

I'll let you know how I get on!

2 comments:

blackhuff said...

I think it's great that you try to stick to your promise of taking a rest day - your body will get sick with a flu or something if you don't give him the necessary rest it needs.

Rosemarie Begbie said...

Thanks. You are so right :)

I did take the rest day in the end and felt so much better for it.

I'm raring to go again now!