Please sponsor us - We're dreaming big for Make-a-Wish New Zealand

Monday, April 23, 2012

Catching up with training

Finally the kids are back at school.  It is a bit of a mission now that it gets dark so much earlier, but now that the kids are at school it does mean that I'll be able to get out during the day to work on my fitness.  In celebration of this fact I went out for a bike ride today.  Well I'm saying celebration, but it took quite a bit of motivation to actually get myself sorted to go out.  It is so much easier being lazy, but I know that I have to make the effort.

The route I took has fairly tough hills.  In my world anyway.  I know the hills are important as that will not only help with my running, but will make my biking easier going forward.  Until then, they are hard.  Incredibly hard.  I didn't check distance or speed, but simply just went for it. 

At one point after struggling with a few of the hills there was a lovely downhill ahead.  About halfway down I suddenly thought "oh...this will be a fairly tough uphill on the way back".

In total I did about 14.5km so am pleased with today's effort.

Tomorrow I will hopefully get out for a swim and I'll try and go out for a run. 

Speaking of running we had our Saturday training session on the weekend and it was a really good session.  We focused on running drills, posture, stretches, core strength and working out our cadence.  It is so wonderful having an amazingly talented coach helping us.  I kind of thought my legs would be sore after the session, but surprisingly they were perfectly fine (hopefully a sign that I am now fully recovered). 

Now that the kids are back at school, I intend taking full advantage of that and catch up with the training I had to let slip in the school holidays.

1 comment:

blackhuff said...

Well done on the bike ride. That is an awesome distance.
Yes, although the kids are back at school, that most definitely does not mean that a SAHM have the time to really get out to practice fitness throughout the day.