Please sponsor us - We're dreaming big for Make-a-Wish New Zealand

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A quiet week

Last Sunday Rose and I did a massive 21 km walk on the beach.  It is funny though because hearing the word "walk" you would think it can't be that bad.  But let me tell you it was pretty full on.

The first 13km I managed to keep up a great pace, but then suddenly my legs and feet started complaining making life rather painful and uncomfortable for the rest of the way.  Rather surprisingly in the end I found I wasn't last and completed my walk in 03:33:18.

If you would like to read more about the event, click here.

I didn't do any training so far this week.  I'm still waiting for my feet to fully recover and thankfully today my legs seem okay.  This whole week I've been wanting to go out running and am actually missing it as I'm waiting to recover.  I never knew I'd ever want to go running and am actually missing it. 

Tomorrow morning Rose and I will do our weekly training instead of on Saturday morning and it will be a biking skills session.  I am looking forward to that!

1 comment:

blackhuff said...

Walking on a beach, is such a killing on the legs and feet. I know. Because beach sand are much loser than other type of grounds and therefore your legs and feet (and body) needs to work harder to move over it. Such a good workout - so well done!