Please sponsor us - We're dreaming big for Make-a-Wish New Zealand

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Finally!

Up to now I have not managed to run a distance without some walking in between.  First of all I've been struggling with a leg injury for a while now.  As in for months making it really uncomfortable to run.  But lately it seems that maybe, just maybe the injury might finally be all gone.  I sure hope so. 

This morning I went for a 5km run.  I changed my strategy a little bit because usually I would go for 2.5km in one direction and 2.5km back home, but then I start thinking just how far I am still from home and so I start walking.  But today I decided that I would run 5km in one direction before I would start walking.  And that's exactly what I did.  I ran 5km without any walking.  And I did it in 47 seconds faster than I did my recent 5k run at the Great Forest events.  I am so proud of myself.  I then walked 5km back home and so all in all I did about 10km. 

Denise, Rose and I also met today and discussed some goals and we are all very excited, but definitely crazy.  We'll share more information really soon.  Watch this space!

1 comment:

Rosemarie Begbie said...

Well done Lea! I'm proud of you too xx